The Forum Award
Congratulations to our 2020 Forum Award Recipients!!
Deanna Jenkins, Manager, Payer Relations and Contracting, Temple University Health System
Haniyyah Sharpe-Brown, Director, Advocacy and External Engagement, The School District of Philadelphia
When it comes to The Forum of Executive Women, there is no better cohort of women to remind you the importance of inclusive leadership and audacious diversity as a means to cultivate equitable progress in and outside the workplace!”
– Tiffany Tavarez, 2018 Forum Award Winner
A UNIQUE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE FOR RECIPIENTS
The Forum Award, a one-of-a-kind, esteemed acknowledgement of emerging leaders’ talents, is given to two women each year via a nomination process.
Each recipient will have the opportunity to connect with individual Forum members and past award winners during the course of their award year to enhance their professional development, expand their networks and encourage their continued growth as leaders in their communities. The recipients also are given the opportunity to attend certain Forum programs and signature events as our guests during their award year and for one year thereafter.
“Through The Forum Award, I have had the incredible opportunity to connect with a diverse and immensely talented group of women. I have created lasting relationships with women who are pioneers and change-agents in their respective industries. I have been inspired by each conversation and have incorporated the many lessons learned into my career.”
– Chinwe Onyekere, Forum Award Winner 2015
Information & Instructions to Nominate
The 2020 Forum Award for Emerging Women Leaders will recognize two (2) women from the Philadelphia region (unaffiliated with each other) who have demonstrated significant leadership and accomplishment in their careers thus far, as well as high potential for future growth.
- Has built her current career for 7-12 years (please note: nominees outside this range will not be considered);
- Has demonstrated progress in her career that exhibits continued leadership potential;
- Has demonstrated a commitment to the region; and
- Lives or works in the Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey or Delaware region.
The Forum of Executive Women asks that nominators inform nominees of their intentions prior to nominating. The award winners are expected to attend several meetings and events throughout the award year as part of the professional development experience. Please ensure that the nominee understands the commitment this opportunity requires and is able to fully participate in the experience. and invitations to select Forum events require that the nominee attend several meetings and events throughout the award year; please ensure that the nominee understands the commitment this opportunity requires. Note that a company or organization should submit no more than three nominations within the organization. Nominations may be submitted by Forum members and non-members. The Forum of Executive Women acknowledges the importance of diversity – ethnic, racial, religious, age, disability and sexual orientation – to Forum members and to the greater community in which we live and work. Therefore, The Forum of Executive Women encourages a diversity of nominees for The Forum Award for Emerging Women Leaders.
The Forum Award for Emerging Women Leaders will be presented at the Annual Meeting of The Forum of Executive Women which takes place in June.
- Nominations are accepted by The Forum of Executive Women.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Members of The Forum of Executive Women are not eligible for this award.
- The Forum Award Committee, composed of Forum members and past award recipients, will review eligible nominations and select the recipients.
- The Forum Award Committee Chair will notify the recipients by late May and all other nominees in June.
- The Forum Award will be presented at the Annual Meeting of The Forum of Executive Women which takes place in mid-June. Attendance by the recipients is required.
- Yasmine Mustafa and Tiffany Tavarez – 2018
- Kelly Devine and Jennifer Devor – 2017
- Pari Hashemi and Jessica Tracy — 2016
- Ivy Olesh and Chinwe Onyekere — 2015
- Peilin Chen and Kari Knight Stevens — 2014
- Lisa M. Lewis and Claire Robertson-Kraft — 2013
- Melissa Dietrich and Michelle Freeman — 2012
- Jacqueline Zavitz — 2010
- Rosella Harvey — 2009
- Chipo Jolibois — 2008
- Mailee Walker — 2007
- Angela Stout — 2006
- Catherine Broh — 2005
- Julie Cousler-Emig — 2004
- Nicole Galli — 2003
- Nancy Peterson — 2002
- Donna Frisby-Greenwood — 2001
- Melissa Weiler Gerber — 2000
- Yael Jekogian — 1999