The Forum Award
This is the 20th Anniversary of The Forum Award for Emerging Women Leaders (The Forum Award), which is granted to two inspiring women in the Philadelphia region, from a range of professional backgrounds, and who have demonstrated exceptional accomplishment and potential. Forum Award recipients represent the type of leadership talent that The Forum seeks to retain in this region and demonstrate significant leadership and accomplishment in their careers as well as high potential for future growth.
“Through The Forum Award, I have had the incredible opportunity to connect with a diverse and immensely talented group of women. I have created lasting relationships with women who are pioneers and change-agents in their respective industries. I have been inspired by each conversation and have incorporated the many lessons learned into my career.” – Chinwe Onyekere, Forum Award Winner 2015
A UNIQUE PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AWARD
The Forum Award, a one-of-a-kind, esteemed acknowledgement of emerging leaders’ talents, is given to two women each year via a nomination process.
Each recipient will have the unique opportunity to connect with individual Forum members and past award winners during the course of their award year to enhance their professional development, expand their networks and encourage their continued growth as leaders in their communities. The recipients also are given the opportunity to attend certain Forum programs and signature events as our guests during their award year and for one year thereafter.
The nomination window for the 2020 Forum Award will be announced soon.
Information & Instructions to Nominate
- Has been in her current career for 7-12 years (please note: nominees outside this range will not be considered);
- Has demonstrated leadership within her profession/field;
- Is in line for a position of significant leadership within her profession/place of work;
- Has demonstrated a commitment to leaving a legacy in the region; and
- Lives or works in the Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey or Delaware region.
The Forum asks that nominators inform nominees of their intentions prior to nominating. The customized professional development experience and invitations to select Forum events require that the nominee attend several meetings and events throughout the award year; please ensure that the nominee understands the commitment this opportunity requires. Note that a company or organization should submit no more than three nominations within the organization. Nominations may be submitted by Forum members and non-members.
- Nominations are accepted by The Forum of Executive Women.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Members of The Forum of Executive Women are not eligible for this award.
- The Forum Award Committee, composed of Forum members and past award recipients, will review eligible nominations and select the recipients.
- The Forum Award Committee Chair will notify the recipients by late May and all other nominees in June.
- The Forum Award will be presented at the Annual Meeting of The Forum of Executive Women which takes place in mid-June. Attendance by the recipients is required.
The submission deadline for the 2020 Forum Award will be announced soon.
- Yasmine Mustafa and Tiffany Tavarez – 2018
- Kelly Devine and Jennifer Devor – 2017
- Pari Hashemi and Jessica Tracy — 2016
- Ivy Olesh and Chinwe Onyekere — 2015
- Peilin Chen and Kari Knight Stevens — 2014
- Lisa M. Lewis and Claire Robertson-Kraft — 2013
- Melissa Dietrich and Michelle Freeman — 2012
- Jacqueline Zavitz — 2010
- Rosella Harvey — 2009
- Chipo Jolibois — 2008
- Mailee Walker — 2007
- Angela Stout — 2006
- Catherine Broh — 2005
- Julie Cousler-Emig — 2004
- Nicole Galli — 2003
- Nancy Peterson — 2002
- Donna Frisby-Greenwood — 2001
- Melissa Weiler Gerber — 2000
- Yael Jekogian — 1999